Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Simple Life

Bonjur!

My dearest friends & family! Its really late here in Paris,but after reading my facebook I thought I probably should post something before some of you explode. :)

It's only been a week since I left home and I feel like I have experienced and learned so much in my short time here in Paris. The past week feels like a blur. My plane landed Thursday morning, and as soon as I got my luggage, the missionary Mark took me to get an espresso and chocolate pastry. I knew that moment that France and I were going to have a great relationship.

 I wasn't sure what to expect when I got here, but I figured it would be like a normal mission's trip where I would get off from the plane and hit the ground running. To my surprise, my first week was quite relaxing and I was finally able to slow my mind and life down for the first time in forever. Its weird, because I've literally come out of one of the craziest times of my life and I feel like God dropped me in a completely new world to just "be, still, and know that he his God." The TV is off, I'm active on facebook one or twice a week, and for the first time I have free time that I can't fill with noise and distractions.

There are so many things about Paris that I love so much, but I've found that its the little things that I treasure the most. I've done A LOT of observing and listening this past week and I've literally been a sponge just trying to soak it all in.

What I love most about the French is their ability to enjoy life instead of rushing through it. The people here are busy and work just as hard as Americans, but they aren't consumed with rushing to their next event. The people here really know how to enjoy each moment of each day. So I have decided that instead of constantly thinking about the next event I'm going to, or ways of filling my time I am going to focus on the now. I am going to focus on each day as it is given to me and live it to the fullest.

" This is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it"

I love you all so much! Thanks for all of the encouragement on my wall. I am only using facebook to update my blog and ready messages from friends. I am really trying to give my full attention and energy to my new relationships here so that is why I have been responding very little to posts, but I have loved them all so much!





Thanks for sharing this time with me. I love you all so much!

Kinsey

No comments:

Post a Comment